Τετάρτη 3 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Butterfly Ball

Presentation of “Butterfly Ball” (book and L.P/CD) by Vasso K. Eliade/Iliadi , painter-poet.

November the 20th. It’s the global day for children and my birthday. When I was a small child my father gave me a book from England, as a present. (He was abroad for master studies).

This book had marvelous illustrations made by the British artist Alan Aldridge. For this work he won the prestigious Whitbread Children’s Book Award.

The author of the book “Butterfly Ball” William Plomer, a South African novelist, literary editor, poet and…farmer. That’ s why he loved so much all types of animals. When I grew up a little bit I started learning English and I realized how well written was that book, given a detailed description of each animal. The story line of “Butterfly Ball” is about a grand celebration that the forest creatures are having. It starts with the announce of the great event and continuous with the preparations each of the animals goes through to get ready for the ball, the journey to the ball and the feast and the trip back home by the light of fireflies.

Then, I bought the LP and listen to the melodic songs written with wonderful lyrics inspired from the amazing pictures this book has in it.

The record made me travel to the world of what we call music of the West. It has many theatrical elements like a musical play for children. My favorite parts were Saffron Dormouse and Lizzy Bee, Harlequin Hare, No Solution-a very ecological and prophetic song-, Fly Away-a very helping and advising song-, Aranea-a very rhythmical and melodic song-, Sitting in a dream-an angel like song-, Watch out for the Bat-a very warning song-little Chalk Blue-dreaming song-,optimistic, Love is all-the great hit with the energy of a gospel song and a crazy gipsy violin that made me speeding around-,and finally Homeward-a calm children’s goodnight, the end of the Ball…

I recommend this book and LP or CD to all the children of the world. I am sure they’ ll have a good time.

Sincerely Yours,
Vasso K. Eliade/Iliadi , painter-poet.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Συνταγές